About Me

My photo
We are the true Adams Family. We have been married for 17 years so far and hope to stay that way forever. We have the best kids in the world. Two boys and two girls. They make us crazy. They also make life fun. Together forever is our goal. Crazy forever.. yep that's what we are striving for.

Monday, July 13, 2009

I slip in bed when you're asleep To hold you close and feel your breath on me Tomorrow there'll be so much to do So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you.



I read this on a friends blog and burst into tears... I'm not even joking.. I think the reality of life just hit me really hard.. My babies that I used to cuddle up in bed with and feel their chubby little hands and kiss their foreheads while they slept. Are not babies anymore!
All to often I say the words. "not right now... Just a second .. go play..maybe.. we'll see... Sooner then I know they will quit asking me to play dolls or pet shops. They will lose interest in sharing their stories they wrote or how cool this Poke'mon is..
Life is complicated and i really get hung up on nothing ever being clean or looking right. This quote just brings the true importance of life to light... who gives a crap if the house is messy! I'm sick of fighting a losing battle anyway....lol..A clean house is just that a clean house ... but a home with kids and love and playing has messes.. and i would much rather have a HOME any day...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen! Very well said. Now, if we can just remember this and not beat ourselves up so much life will be better! Love you! A.

Sarah said...

So, so true! Thanks for the reminder. I gotta go play some baseball!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

I totally agree. Today I drug Treigh to the store w/ me and we made a joke about everything. It was so much fun. So many time we are in such a hurry that we don't enjoy the moments that we have with our kids. Next week I won't remember the stuff I bought, but I'll remember how much fun we had just being foofy.

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

O.k. that was supose to say goofy, not foofy. ;)

Andie and her Boys said...

You have a way with words! Excellent post!!!