About Me

My photo
We are the true Adams Family. We have been married for 17 years so far and hope to stay that way forever. We have the best kids in the world. Two boys and two girls. They make us crazy. They also make life fun. Together forever is our goal. Crazy forever.. yep that's what we are striving for.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I can see!!!





Finally,this is something that I have wanted to do forever. On January 11th I finally did it. I got Lasik. I have to tell you though, I was kinda nervous. Well I was mostly just excited. I think they make you wear your glasses for three weeks before so that when it is time for surgery you are so sick of wearing them you will do anything,(like let someone cut your eyeball open) as long as you don't have to wear glasses anymore. That's how it was for me anyway. Anyway, we went into the office and guess what is on t.v. Yep, you guessed it. Eyeballs being lasered with this little fish hook tool and sponges and all kinds of stuff. It was like "Well, I wasn't scared but now I kinda am!" Oh and it wasn't just a little glimpse of it either it was 45 minutes of watching eyeball after eyeball. By the time it was my turn to go back I was pretty anxious.Then they sit you in the room and have you watch a movie about the procedure. Well of course it has to tell you several times that there is no guarantee that this will work and that you may be blind and on and on. Then in comes the nurse with a 5 milligram Valium."Yep that will help. Thanks." I said while thinking "Is there like 3 more of those coming?" There was not. So we went into the surgery room and they had me sit bake in a chair and did the surgery. I have to say the only part that was bad was the pressure from the cut being made. It didn't really hurt it just felt weird. I did start crying ( thanks to the Valium) After the first eye was cut and completely black I started thinking." Holy crap! My eye is flapped open and what if it doesn't go back together!!" That's when I started crying only for a second though. Then I took a deep breath and they did the other eye. The surgery itself lasted maybe 15 minutes (that's with crying time). Well anyway it has been so worth it. I went in for my 1 week check back today. I can see 15/20!!! Before I was seeing 300/20. Now that is awesome. Anyone that is thinking about doing it really should. I wish I hadn't waited so long. Bye Bye glasses. Bye Bye contacts and all the contact crap that you have to pack everywhere. Hello world and leaves on the trees and blades of grass. Sight is truly a blessing and I am very thankful that my children don't have vision problems. and now me either.

3 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I'm glad you got it done. Hopefully you are feeling well!

Lonnie and Shelby said...

Congrats on the new eye sight! That is awesome that you got that done! I am excited for you!

Anonymous said...

"I Can See".....that you are HOT !!