About Me

My photo
We are the true Adams Family. We have been married for 17 years so far and hope to stay that way forever. We have the best kids in the world. Two boys and two girls. They make us crazy. They also make life fun. Together forever is our goal. Crazy forever.. yep that's what we are striving for.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Man I wish it was Swinter!"






Well as you know we have been working on the yard this year. It truly sucks. It will be worth it in the end. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. We did get the middle level taken out and the fake grass in. It does look pretty sweet. If I could have recorded the day we had to haul the fake grass to the back yard, it would be the funniest video ever. Imagine Brian ( after hours of working with me and the kids) he was so tiered and moody and ready to be done. We get ready to move the grass and I can't pick it up. I could kinda wrap my arms around it and move a little but holy cow it was so so heavy and well lets just say " Ugh Charity, are you serious?" was said tons and a few other words that would look like this #@%$@% *&^*&$ . Anyway we figured out a plan ( really I figured it out). We put the lawnmower under my end and me and Drake and Jayme pushed that while Brian carried the other end. How the heck he did that I don't know. Yes I do It was his Muscles. Anyway we did it and it would be classic to see footage of it. now we are on the deck phase and it goes about as well. Me and the kids and Brian tried to do it yesterday and we got one board done in three hours! I am not kidding THREE HOURS = ONE BOARD. It was &%@^%$^%$. but during those three hours we grew closer as a family ;) Not really but what ever. We did have a fun conversation about SWINTER though. While holding the board in the 102 degree sun Jayme tells us "Man I wish it was Swinter. Then I wouldn't be so hot. Ya know when it is winter in the summer?"She said. We all had a laugh and about five minutes later Brian finally called it and we went in. All in all it will be worth it in the end. Hopefully!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Your family is so cute Charity ;) I sure wish it was Swinter this is crazy heat. If you need any help with the backyard project you just let me know i'd be happy to help!

Veda said...

Working outside in the heat is bad. I know Grampy would be happy to be an armchair supervisor. Maybe it wouldn't have been 3 hours with a former contractor helping.... Love you guys. I love being able to be in your lives through your blog. Thanks